What is Toxic Black Mold?

Black mold, also known as Stachybotrys chartarum or Stachybotrys atra, is toxigenic in nature. This means that the mold by itself is not toxic, rather it produces certain toxic substances known as mycotoxins. When it is present in our surroundings, this mold releases the toxic spores mycotoxins. Exposure to these toxic spores in the air that we breathe and contaminated food we eat can cause black mold poisoning. We recommend that only certified professionals should remove any mold from your home or business.  The Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) released from the mold spores lead to fungal infections, allergies, hypersensitivity, allergic asthma, sinus congestion, and other respiratory and nervous system disorders.

SNA is certified by the IICRC to remediate mold. Our technicians have received the best training offered by the IICRC to help remove dangerous mold from your home or business. Removing mold and mold spores should only be left up to a professional. If you suspect you might have a mold issue please contact us for an estimate.